Hi Guys ,
I am back with a new blog . This blog is about the SCCM client installation .I experienced this issue when I saw new Windows 10 computers which I imaged not able to download the content . Even though the client is added into proper boundary and assigned to a Distribution point.
Hence I thought to remove the client and reinstall . Once I removed the client it will not install and fail with the following error :
- Failed to download from DP , error 0x800704dd. ccmsetup 2018/11/16 16:55:21 18184 (0x4708)
- Adding file ‘http://:80/CCM_Client/x64/WindowsFirewallConfigurationProvider.msi’ to BITS job, saving as ‘C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\WindowsFirewallConfigurationProvider.msi’. ccmsetup 2018/11/16 16:55:21 18184 (0x4708)
- Failed to download client files by BITS. Error 0x800704dd ccmsetup 2018/11/16 16:55:21 18184 (0x4708)
Now if you simply uninstall the client and reinstall it will not work. To fix the issue please follow the following steps in order:
Clear up the previous installation information:
- Open CMD and go to the location where CCMSetup.exe resides on the managed device then run CCMSetup.exe /uninstall command
- Stop the services from task manager:
- SMS Agent Host Service
- CCMSetup service
- Delete following folders:
2. \windows\ccmcacheDelete following files:
- \windows\sms*.mif (if present)
3. Delete following registry keys:
4. Remove the 2 SMS certificates in the local certificate store
- Run MMC.exe as administrator and launch the certificate panel to the local computer
- Expand Certificates > SMS and Delete both certificates
5.Delete WMI namespace from powershell:
- Get-WmiObject -query “SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name=’CCM'” -Namespace “root” | Remove-WmiObject
- Get-WmiObject -query “SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name=’sms'” -Namespace “root\cimv2” | Remove-WmiObject
- In Task Scheduler library, under “Microsoft” delete the “Configuration Manager” folder and any tasks within it.
- Restart the machine.
Reinstall the SCCM client manually:
- Please copy the the whole client installation files from the network share folder \\<Site Server Name>\SMS_<Site Code>\Client\ to C:\temp\Client\.
- Run the below command
CCMSetup.exe /source C:\temp\Client SMSSITECODE= ABC SMSMP=MPServer.ABC.com