This blog is continuation of my previous blog on screen flickering . If you haven’t read that then you can go and check out the following link. The last fix was kind of a manual fix but this resolution should fix it from the VDA servers without any intervention from users. I have implemented the same fix in my environment .
So below are the environment details:
Environment details :-
VDA: 7.15 CU02
Server: 2012 R2
Problem:- User are facing Black Screen as and when Launching ICA Session
VDIs are also showing below errors :-
Symptoms or Error :- 7.15 LTSR CU2 sessions might launch as a black screen. The issue occurs with sessions running on XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR CU2 when Profile Management is enabled.
Note: Now before we make any changes on the VDA servers make sure to take a snapshot.
Steps that need to be followed to fix the issue:
First of all check the execution policy for the PowerShell and you can make it to unrestricted for the sake of the running the script .
- set-executionpolicy unrestricted
- Uninstall UPM 7.15.2000 through the PowerShell script. You can download the script through the link given at the bottom of the page .
- Restart the VDA and install UPM 7.15.2001.( The software is available from the same link given at the bottom of this article)
- We can see that profile service started in services.msc and no issues observed .
- Additionally as you please try to upgrade workspace app on end points to fix flickering issues
VDA side -Registry fix for Multiscreen flickering
Open the registry (regedit) and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vbdenum
Increase the value of “MaxVideoMemoryBytes” REG_DWORD value to 134217728 (128 MB)
I hope this blog helps you in fixing the issues with black screen and flickering .
Articles followed :- –
Leave a Reply