Hi Guys ,
We are deploying Citrix Receiver through SCCM and we will enable Single sign on so that user does not have to enter the credentials to connect to Citrix Store front . We need to be able to provide all the functionality to the user without him having to open Google Chrome, Internet explorer or Citrix receiver . Now there are few terms we should understand before we put that into script to install receiver .We will be deploying receiver 4.10 .We also need to be able to uninstall the old unsupported receiver from the client system and then install the new one. This was also one of the main challenges in our organisation since we were use using Citrix Online plugin version 12.1 . So when we migrated from Xenapp 6.5 to Xen desktop 7.1.15 we needed to upgrade the receiver to latest version .
Supress reboot: This option supress reboot during UI installs . This option is not necessary during Silent install . If you supress reboot prompts, any USB devices which are in suspended state when Citrix receiver for windows installs will not be recognised by the Citrix receiver for windows until after the user device is restarted .
Set Client Name: The dynamic client name feature allows the client name to be the same as the computer name. When users change their computer name, the client name changes to match. Defaults to Yes. To disable dynamic client name support, set this property to No and specify a value for the CLIENT_NAME property .
Enable CEIP : When you enable participation in the Citrix Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), anonymous statistics and usage information are sent to Citrix to help Citrix improve the quality and performance of its products.
Silent installation : Disables the error and progress dialogs to run a completely silent installation.
Upgrade from old receiver version : Allows you to upgrade from an unsupported version to the latest version of Citrix Receiver.
When you upgrade Citrix Receiver Version 13.x Enterprise or 12.x to Citrix Receiver for Windows Version 4.4 and later using the graphical user interface, the installer runs the Receiver clean-up (RCU) utility by default.
However, Receiver clean-up does not run by default when you upgrade from the command line. To upgrade from the command line, run the following command:
CitrixReceiver.exe /RCU /Silent
When you upgrade Citrix Receiver for Windows from 13.x (non-Enterprise) or 4.1 to Version 4.2 or later, the /RCU switch is not required and ignored
Components to Install
Web Helper : Installs the web Helper component . This component retrieves the ICA file from the storefront and passes it to the HDX engine . In addition , it verifies environment parameters and shares them with storefront (similar to ICO client detection).
SSON: Indicates that the Citrix Receiver for Windows will be installed with the single sign-on component. It requires Admin rights to install and enable .
Desktop Viewer : Installs the Desktop Viewer.
USB: Install USB support . It requires Admin rights .
Media Stream for Flash : Install HDX media stream for Flash .
Self Service: Installs the Self-Service Plug-in. The AM value must be specified on the command line and .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 must be installed on the user device. The Self-Service Plug-in is not available for Windows Thin PC devices, which do not support .NET 3.5.
Authentication Manager : Installs the Authentication Manager.
Windows Aero Support : Enables the Windows Aero experience (for operating systems that support it).
Combining all the option above you get the following command : ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,SSON,AM,SELFSERVICE,USB,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,Webhelper
Single SignOn and Smartcard
Install SSO authentication : Install Single Sign On Authentication . This option is required for Smart card single sign on .
Enable SSO : Enable single sign on when /includeSSON is specified. The default value is Yes. Enables single sign on when /includeSSON is also specified. This property is required for smart card single sign on. Note that users must log off and log back on to their devices after an installation with single sign-on authentication enabled. Requires administrator rights.
Auto Update Check
Usually I prefer to disable the Auto update in a managed environment .You can use the following switch :
Stores and Device integration
Specifies whether users can add and remove stores not configured through Merchandising Server deliveries; users can enable or disable stores configured through Merchandising Server deliveries, but they cannot remove these stores or change the names or the URLs.) Defaults to S. Options include:
- N – Never allow users to add or remove their own store.
- S – Allow users to add or remove secure stores only (configured with HTTPS).
- A – Allow users to add or remove both secure stores (HTTPS) and non-secure stores (HTTP). Not applicable if Citrix Receiver is installed per user.
- You can specify the command as follows :CitrixReceiver.exe ALLOWADDSTORE=NTo provide the address for the store just follow the option below and the sample command line is given :Use this option to specify the Store name. Specifies up to 10 stores to use with Citrix Receiver.
- storename – Defaults to store. This must match the name configured on the StoreFront Server.
- storefront.mycompany.com – This is the address you configured for your Citrix URL
- IISLocation – the path to the store within IIS. The store URL must match the URL in StoreFront provisioning files. The store URLs are of the form “/Citrix/store/discovery”. To obtain the URL, export a provisioning file from StoreFront, open it in notepad and copy the URL from the <Address> element.
- On | Off – The optional Off configuration setting enables you to deliver disabled stores, giving users the choice of whether or not they access them. When the store status is not specified, the default setting is On.
- storedescription – An optional description of the store, such as HR App Store.
- Note: In this release, it is important to include “/discovery” in the store URL for successful pass-through authentication.STORE0=”Storetest;https://storefront.mycompany.com/Citrix/Store/discovery;On;sample line”Miscellaneous :URL Redirection : Enables the URL redirection feature on user devices. Requires administrator rights. Requires that Citrix Receiver is installed for All Users. For information about URL redirection, refer to Local App Access and its sub-topics in the XenDesktop 7 documentation.
Enable Prelaunch : The default value is False. For information about session pre-launch, refer to Reduce application launch time.
Allow Bidirectional content redirection: Enables birdirectional content redirection between client to host and host to client.
Install Local App Access component : By default , Citrix receiver for windows does not install client side local app access components if the components are already installed on the server. To force the client side Local app access components on the Citrix receiver, use the following command line switch .
Once you have understood all the changes you can use the following command line and make a batch file script.I have given a sample script that will also put the shortcuts for applications on the desktop. You can remove that option if you do not want the applications to appear on desktop as shortcuts .
echo *** Citrix Receiver Installation ***
“%~dp0Citrix.exe” /EnableCEIP=false DYNAMIC_NAME=Yes CLIENT_NAME=%COMPUTERNAME% /noreboot /silent /rcu ALLOW_CLIENTHOSTEDAPPSURL=1 ENABLEPRELAUNCH=True ALLOWADDSTORE=N /ALLOW_BIDIRCONTENTREDIRECTION=1 /FORCE_LAA=1 /includeSSON /ENABLE_SSON=Yes /AutoUpdateCheck=disabled PutShortcutsOnDesktop=true ADDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,SSON,AM,SELFSERVICE,USB,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,Webhelper STORE0=”Storetest;https://storefront.mycompany.com/Citrix/Store/discovery;On;sample line”
echo ** Add required registry entries **
SCCM deployment : Once you have created the batch file you can proceed with creating an application in ConfigMgr to deploy the new receiver :
Creating an app is mainly around to get the detection logic correct , once you get that right you are through for successful app deployment . Please follow along :
Step1 : Browse to the software library , Applications and click on create a new application . Once done select the option for manually specify the information .
Step 2 : Specify general information and click next .
Step 3: Specify Application catalogue information and click next again .
Step 4: Click on add deployment type as per the following screenshot.
Step 5 : Select script installer and select manually specify information :
Step 6 : Specify the application name and click next.
Step 7 : Provide the content information and specify the Batch file you created previously .
Step 8 : For detection logic follow the screenshot given and every time you change the version just update the version .
Step 9 : Select the user experience , download settings as per you preference . Once done distribute the application to distribution points and we are ready for deployment .