Hello everyone! Update 1609 for System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview has been released . And you can take advantage of the update by trying out the update in the test environment .This month’s new preview features include:
- Windows 10 Upgrade Analytics – Assess and analyze device readiness and compatibility with Windows 10 to allow smoother upgrades. This is done through integration with Windows Upgrade Analytics.
- Office 365 Client Management Dashboard – Use the Office 365 client management dashboard to track Office 365 updates and deployments.
- Deploy Office 365 apps to clients – Microsoft have added a new Office 365 Servicing node in the Software Library where you can deploy Office 365 apps to clients.
- Improvements for BIOS to UEFI conversion – An OS deployment task sequence can now be customized with a new variable, TSUEFIDrive, so that the Restart Computer step will prepare the drive for transition to UEFI.
- Improvement to Endpoint Protection antimalware policy settings – You can now specify the level at which the Endpoint Protection Cloud Protection Service will block suspicious files.
- Boundary Group Improvements – Improvements have been made to boundary groups to allow more granular control of fallback behavior, and greater clarity of what distribution points are used.
Update 1609 for Technical Preview is available in the Configuration Manager console. To install Configuration Manager Technical Preview for the first time, the installation bits (currently based on Technical Preview 1603) are available on TechNet Evaluation Center.
Configuration Manager Resources:
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager Technical Previews
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager
System Center Configuration Manager Forums
System Center Configuration Manager Support
System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview 5 (v1603)